General Membership Questions
- Why should I join FreeShipping.com?That's simple! Like most online shoppers, you want to get the best deal you can. That's where FreeShipping.com can help. We've built the perfect online shopping companion with our Free Shipping offers at over 1,500 of the best websites on the internet. Now, there is never a reason to pay full price for shipping!
Plus, members also enjoy savings through our coupons and added peace of mind with our Complete Price Protection program, all included with your membership. So go ahead and join the thousands of savvy shoppers that make FreeShipping.com "The first stop when you shop!"
- I have a question, whom may I contact?Use the Contact Us form to send us an email, and we'll get back to you within 24 hours (usually much sooner!) Plus, our Customer Service Department can be reached by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-855-226-7047.
- How can I cancel my membership?Simply log in to your account and click on the Customer Service Link in the upper right side of your screen. Then click the "Update/Cancel your Membership" link, and follow the instructions provided. Or, you may email us your request instead by using our "Contact Us" form, and our Customer Service Department will process your cancellation right away.
- What is IC *FREESHIPPING.COM?IC *FREESHIPPING.COM (Telephone Support: 1-855-226-7047) is the billing descriptor that will be listed on your statement when you are charged a membership fee.
- Where do I send my rebate documentation?You may send all of your rebate documentation via email to Rebates@FreeShipping.com. Please include the claim number in the subject line.
Rebates may also be submitted by mail. Send your supporting documentation to:
PO Box 290728
Wethersfield, CT 06129-0728
Free Shipping & Cash Back
- Why don't all of the stores in your directory offer Instant Free Shipping?We are continually updating our Instant Free Shipping directory and are always adding more websites! Don't forget, if you pay a shipping charge for any of the websites on our site, you're eligible for a shipping rebate.
- Are there any restrictions when shopping through Instant Free Shipping websites?Some Instant Free Shipping websites will require a coupon code to redeem free shipping, while others will automatically apply the offer at checkout. Additional restrictions will be listed next to the website listing in the directory.
- How does the 5% cash-back benefit work?As long as you're an active member of FreeShipping.com, you can earn 5% cash back on every qualifying purchase you make at over 400 websites, up to a maximum of $1,000 every membership year, by shopping through the links in the "Free Shipping & Cash Back" section of our website. Your 5% cash-back earnings will be automatically deposited in your Cash Back Center Bank as soon as we receive confirmation from the merchant's website that your purchase has been shipped. To qualify for 5% cash back, purchases must be made through US-based websites (which use .com extensions); purchases made through Canadian websites (which use .ca extensions) do not qualify for 5% cash back. Please note that if you choose to have your purchase shipped to Canada, you may be re-directed to the retailer's .ca site, in which case your purchase will no longer be eligible for 5% cash back.
- How is the 5% cash-back amount determined?As long as your purchase is initiated through a link on our "Free Shipping & Cash Back" page, you'll qualify for 5% cash-back. The amount will be calculated by applying 5% to the total amount you pay for a qualifying purchase, not including taxes and other charges. If your purchase qualifies for any discount(s) from the retailer's website, the 5% cash back will be calculated using the price you pay after any such discounts are applied. Because there is a maximum of $1,000 in 5% cash back payments per member every membership year, the purchase that takes you to the $1,000 threshold may qualify for less than 5% cash back. Please review our Terms of Service for complete details.
- When will I receive my cash back?You'll receive a cash-back check every three calendar months. To qualify for 5% cash back, your purchase must be made through the links in the "Free Shipping & Cash Back" section of the FreeShipping.com website. As soon as the merchant's website notifies us that your order has been shipped, we'll deposit your cash back into your Cash Back Center account. This typically takes anywhere from 5-7 business days, but it can take longer if the item you've purchased is on back-order. Every three calendar months, we'll send you a check for the full amount of cash back that you've accrued in your Cash Back Center account. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing. See below for an approximate example of when you can expect your cash-back check to be mailed:
Purchase Period Estimated Payment Date Jan 1-Mar 31 Apr 15 Apr 1-Jun 30 Jul 15 Jul 1-Sep 30 Oct 15 Oct 1-Dec 31 Jan 15
- What do "Pending," "Processing," "Paid", "and "Declined" mean in my Cash Back Center account?You can track the status of your 5% cash back earnings whenever you want by checking your Cash Back Center account. We categorize your earnings in one of four ways:
- "Pending" indicates that we've received notification from a retailer website that a purchase which qualifies for 5% cash back has been shipped. Because we send out 5% cash-back payment checks every quarter throughout the calendar year, a qualifying purchase can be labeled as "Pending" for up to three months (e.g., if you make a qualifying purchase on July 1, the "Pending" label will apply to that purchase until October 1).
- "Processing" indicates that we're currently processing your 5% cash-back check. This occurs during the first month of every new quarter in the calendar year (i.e., January, April, July, and October), and it can take up to two weeks for us to process cash-back checks for every single member.
- "Paid" means that we've sent out payment for those purchases that qualify you for 5% cash back. Your Cash Back Center account shows a history of your 5% cash-back earnings throughout your membership, so your "Paid" purchases could stretch back to the first day of your membership.
- "Declined" indicates that your activity didn't meet the criteria needed to qualify for a payout (for example, you won't earn cash back on a purchase if you return the item or if your purchase is "shipped to store" rather than to a residential, non-retail location).
- What does it mean when I see red purchases in my Cash Back Center account?Negative amounts listed in red indicate items that have been returned and therefore don't qualify for 5% cash back.
- What are Shipping Rebates?Shipping Rebates are a unique benefit available only to members. Shop through any of the websites listed on our site, and if you pay a shipping charge, you can submit a rebate for the shipping charges, and we'll send you up to $10 per order!
- How many websites do you have?We currently have over 1,500 websites to choose from.
- What is my "Click History"?Your "Click History" displays all of the visits to websites you have made from our site. If you did not connect to a website by first visiting our site, it will not be available in your Click History for a shipping rebate.
- I clicked on a website, only to find that shipping and handling charges are not free. What gives?If you make a purchase from that website, simply pay the shipping and handling charges as you normally would. After you complete your order, you can return to our site to claim a rebate on your shipping charges.
- Is there a limit to the number of rebates I can claim per website?Yes, you can claim up to 12 rebates per website, per membership year.
- Is there a limit to how long I have to file a claim?Yes, claims must be mailed within 30 days of the purchase date.
- How long until my claim is paid?Claims may take 3-6 weeks to process.
- What information do I need to send to get my shipping rebate?Once you submit your rebate on our website, forward your order confirmation email to us, and include your claim number in the subject line.
- What is Return Shipping Coverage?Order the wrong size? Hate the color? Received a damaged item? No problem! All of your online purchases (not just those made through our directory) are eligible for Return Shipping rebates. If you need to send an item back to a store for any reason, we'll pick up the shipping charge!
- How do I make a Return Shipping claim?Simply click on the "Returns" menu from the navigation bar, and follow the instructions provided. Your membership must be active to make a claim. Certain proof-of-purchase and shipping information is required.
- Is there a limit to how long I have to file a Return Shipping Claim?Yes, claims must be submitted within 30 days of the purchase.
- How long until my claim is paid?Claims may take up to 3-6 weeks to process.
- How much coverage do I receive?You are eligible to receive up to $500 in Return Shipping coverage per year, and up to $10 for any single order.
Complete Price Protection
- What is Complete Price Protection?Complete Price Protection allows you to buy online with confidence! All of your qualified online purchases are protected by a 90-day low price guarantee. Once you make a purchase, if you see a product that is exactly the same as the product you purchased advertised for less, online or offline, we'll pay you the difference in price. It's that simple!
- Do I need to register my purchases to qualify for Complete Price Protection?No, coverage is automatic for purchases made while your membership is active.
- What items are covered?Most of the new, non-commercial retail purchases you make online are covered with Complete Price Protection. Please note that the comparison product must be exactly the same as the product you purchased and must be available to the general public. For a complete list of covered items, please refer to the Terms of Service.
- Is there a limit to how long I have to file a claim?Yes, claims must be made and documentation mailed within 90 days of the date of purchase.
- How do I make a Complete Price Protection claim?You must be an active member to make a claim. Certain proof-of-purchase and lower-price documentation is required. Simply click on the "Price Protection" menu in the "Other" tab on navigation bar, and follow the instructions provided.
- How long until my claim is paid?Claims may take up to six weeks to process.